Saturday, May 23, 2009

so two days ago i went BUNGEE JUMPING into the Nile River!!! Wow! I never thought I would do that! It took a long time for me to decide to do it and it was CRAZY, but so much fun! I guess I can check that one off my list haha. You can look at the pictures on Andi's blog andreacollette.com.
 It was a good day. We woke up at 5:30 and saw the sunrise which was so beautiful! We also took a small boat on a short trip around the Nile and saw where it starts. We saw some of the falls and then had a good lunch. It was a good day off before our friends had to leave for Alabama! 
The next day was a pretty sad day. We had to go say bye to our friends in Buloba and then take the rest of the group to the airport. It is now just Lauren and I here. Our first night alone consisted of  a PB&J for dinner. It looks like rice, fruit, and PB&J are going to be the food of choice for the next three weeks. Tomorrow we are going to Gaba church again, which had one of the best services I've been to. We also get to eat lunch with Patrick and his family who has a one month old baby girl, so I'm in heaven. We start work again on Monday. We will be splitting our time between a school and medical center. I think we will also go to the slums some as well as go out in the community to tell people about Christ. 
I have internet now at the new apartment, so I will be able to keep in touch a little bit better. Love you all! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey my daughter--

    How is it going being on your own? Cooking/food is okay, I hope? Know you will do fine, even if it is only peanut butter! Mrs. Bond and I talked yesterday to get the money thing straight. Think we are okay, but just let me know and I will add to if necessary.
    Don't want to call and use up all your time, but email me or update the blog--I love hearing what you are doing!

    Think about you and pray for you often.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete