Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He Will Rejoice Over You With Gladness

“The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exalt over you with loud singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

 

It was yet another incredible day. I started off the day by getting a tattoo from our good friend Amos who is an artist. Actually I got two, both on my right arm. Sorry mom, I had to do it. Anyways, after distributing eyeglasses we went out into the village again to tell people about the Lord. Pastor Isaac, Henry, Lauren, Morgan, and I were together. We first went to this family who lived next to a mosque. Half of the family were Christians and the other half were Muslims. Altogether there were about twenty people gathered around us. One of the boys, he looked about sixteen, asked a lot of questions about Christianity. We prayed together at the end as several of them came to know the Lord. Next, we went to an elderly ladies house who had never heard about Jesus. She was 70 and had never heard; that is crazy! We had the opportunity to tell her and when we finished talking she said she wanted to be a Christian. There were several people today that we talked to that had never heard about Jesus or who did not know much about Him. We got asked so many questions and several people came to know the Lord.

I don’t know what to say about today. I am just so excited! These people had never heard the name Jesus or did not know much about Him and we got to tell them! We sat down with so many families today who came to know the Lord and some were Muslims. It became so real today that the Lord has brought us here for a reason. These people might have never heard the Gospel and we got to share it with them. What an opportunity! At least 15 more people joined our family today and will one day rejoice with us in Heaven!

Also, this morning they took us to their old well, which is about a 1 ½ mile walk. We were given jerrycans (water jugs) to carry. This was about one of the hardest things I have ever done! Each jerrycan weighed at least 40-50 lbs. and we had to carry them all the way back. I struggled big time.haha. I tried to carry it on my head and oh man was it heavy! It amazed me that little kids do this every day more than once. Never again can I complain about working. I have a new outlook on the people here and the work that we do. I have not heard one child complain. I was told that these kids have a problem with growth. They carry these jugs everyday and it stunts their growth because they are so heavy. A lot of these kids are tiny because of this. What looks like a four or five year old is actually nine or ten. The church I am with helped fund a new well for the community so they do not have to walk as far. After today I am very thankful for this.

I hope everyone is doing well. I can’t wait to hear from you guys! Connor- I love you! Happy Graduation! I am sorry I cannot be there; I wish I could! You finally made it and now you will be with me at Alabama! I’m proud of you!

P.S. I did not really get a tattoo. Amos did it with a marker. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey catherine--we are trying to figure out the blog thing; Connor graduated tonight--he and russell and others are rafting on the ocoee saturday--russell is in nc ready for the test--ready to be on your own??? love you, mom

    ReplyDelete