Sunday, June 14, 2009

Home sweet Home

Lauren and I arrived safely in Atlanta yesterday at 2:00 pm. We both stayed awake for at least 45 hours so we were exhausted. It was a bittersweet reunion. Both of us wanted to stay in Africa and hated to leave all our new friends, but we were excited to see family and friends here and I think even more excited about our Chik-fil-a visit.
Overall, I cannot even begin to think about how much the Lord exceeded our desires while we were there. He did so much more than we thought or imagined. I mean He is a faithful God and the Word says: " Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" Ephesians 3:20. Although we got to be with a lot of people and were told several times how much we helped them and encouraged them, this trip changed my heart and encouraged me just as much if not more. I wish everyone had the opportunity to go and do what we did. It was enough to just see the how mighty of a God we serve. How good He is to us. How faithful He is. He is more than enough for us. He is to be glorified.
Thank you to everyone who prayed for us and sent me letters. I was so encouraged when I read everything. It meant so much to me to have such faithful friends and family supporting and praying for us. It was really cool to know that Christ connects us all. I was being encouraged by my brothers and sisters in America which helped enable me to encourage and be with our brothers and sisters in Uganda. My only request is that you please pray for the people and the ministry going on around the world and particularly in Africa. They were telling us that there is a Christian movement going on in Uganda and more lives are being saved everyday. So please keep praying for what Christ is doing there to be sealed. Below are the names of some of the people we met that either became Christians, are not Christians, or have been a believer for a while. Please pray for them:
Mark Kasozi, Hadija Kansika ( has a sick daughter), Nakomya Fatoma, Teopista Namusoke, Lukiya Namulondo, Jockline Nakojobi, Godfrey Bwire, Jose Rocki, Ssekotewa Muhamod, Prospel Agata (he was one of the men drinking that we talked to, but came to know the Lord. I talked to Joel recently- the man who took us around that day- he said this man was really serious about being a Christian but has the temptation everyday to go back to drinking because he is surrounded by people who do -so pray against that and that he will find new friends who will encourage him in the Lord), Steven Wosobe, Etiya Ahimbisibwe.
Once again thank you all for everything! I love you all!
" But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment